A pay it forward story. Have you done one lately?
Today, as I did my daily routine search for freelance resume writing gigs, I came across someone on Craigslist seeking a sales template. I decided to do a good deed and send this person my sales template for free. I thought, I already had it, so share it. I sent it over with a simple message stating, “Would you mind following me on Twitter and Facebook?” with the subject “Good luck.” Good karma, right? Well she wrote me back with:
I can’t thank you enough for such an exceptional sales template to learn from! I really do appreciate the help and I will definitely follow you on Twitter and Facebook. :)
I have this habit of randomly paying for other drivers orders behind me at Tim Horton’s to put a smile on their face and start their day on the right note so it’s nice to see similar gestures from others as well, it reaffirms my faith in the goodness of humanity!
Have a nice day!
I thought, that’s great. A pay it forward story. Have you done one lately? Also, here’s the SALES TEMPLATE (for the outplacement industry) below:
NOTE: SOUND EXCITED ABOUT THE MESSAGE! SLOW DOWN TOO!
NOTE: Leave messages with the HR VP, HR Director, and HR Generalist! All of them!
IF I REACH A PERSON
Hi, (FIRST NAME), my name is Matthew Warzel from MJW Careers. I read in the local news that your company was going to be involved with a downsizing event. We specialize in outplacement and we are a firm located in your area that can provide benefits to your company during this time of transition. I’d like to ask a few questions to determine whether one of our programs might meet your needs.
NOT AT THIS TIME: Ok, well is there a time in your schedule we could pencil in for me to call back later?
YES: Great, thank you.
1. Do you utilize outplacement services already?
2. Who is your current provider?
3. How long have you had that provider?
4. Are there any items you wish to address that you would like to be included in an outplacement firm, that currently you are not being offered?
5. If you could change anything with how your current service being offered, what would it be?
6. What do you like best about your current provider?
7. What is the average amount per employee you are paying for outplacement services being rendered?
8. Finally, what are the goals and objectives you want to achieve during this transition relating to your employees being impacted and the company itself?
Well (FIRST NAME), MJW Careers specializes in affordable transition solutions for your displaced workers affected by the recent downsizing. Our services provide multiple advantages to your organization such as minimizing litigation AND unemployment insurance payments to the affected employees because we can put them into position to reduce the time spent searching for a new job. It can also project a positive image to your current employees and the media as well as improved brand protection by public relations.
(FIRST NAME), based on what you told me, it looks like you could show quite a significant labor savings with a system like ours. The best thing to do would be for us to get together so I can ask a few more questions about your operation and show you some of our options to see if we have a fit. There’s also a good possibility I could save you a lot of money and that’s initially why I called.
I’m wondering if it were possible for me to setup an appointment with you at your office to discuss more details. I will be near your office all of next week. Would there be a good time to meet then?
YES: Great, (FIRST NAME), I look forward to the meeting and discussing some ways we may be able to save you some time, effort and money. Have a nice day.
NO: Well I want to let you know that it’s not about the sale for our company; it’s about the best choice for you. If you ever have a need arise that we could help assist you with, please let me know. Again, it’s Matt Warzel with MJW Careers. Take care and thank you for your time.
IF I REACH AN ANSWERING MACHINE
Hi (FIRST NAME), my name is Matthew Warzel calling from MJW Careers. We are a national outplacement firm and I was interested in speaking to you about your company’s upcoming downsizing and wanted to see if we can be of assistance to those affected personnel during the transition. We would assist the employees that are being laid off with finding new work and give them the tools to do so on their own, including interview training and resume writing among others.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you in further detail and can be reached at your earliest convenience at 216-246-9900. Again it’s Matthew Warzel with MJW Careers Outplacement Solutions and the number is 216-246-9900. I do hope all is well and thank you very much for your time.
IF THEY ANSWER AND ALREADY HAVE VENDOR, ASK WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO CALLBACK TO POTENTIALLY PUT A BID IN TO BECOME A VENDOR IN THE FUTURE
1. More likely to maintain or increase productivity, and more likely to increase profitability.
2. Additionally, the services help companies avoid potential litigation problems, reduce costs, maintain relationships between the employee and company, reduce stress on the terminating manager, and create a positive impression on remaining employees.
3. Outplacement could improve the organization’s reputation. Employees who remain at the company view a company more positively during a difficult time if the company conducts its downsizing in a compassionate way. This also helps maintain a positive corporate image with customers, clients, affiliates and the community.
4. The central mission of outplacement is to help workers in transition. Ultimately, outplacement is not just about job search or the right career move, but providing employees with an opportunity to revitalize their career. Research has revealed that individuals who are provided with outplacement services find employment quicker and, in many instances, at a higher salary. This is because most individuals need to acquire better skills to conduct a job search appropriately. As a benefit to the employer, outplacement assistance can reduce costs due to a reduced length of time an individual receives unemployment benefits.
5. Services provide multiple advantages to your organization such as minimizing litigation AND unemployment insurance payments to the affected employees because we can put them into position to reduce the time spent searching for a new job. It can also project a positive image to your current employees and the media as well as improved brand protection by public relations.
IF SOMEONE CALLS ME
1. How long they’ve been in business?
2. How did you come to be where you are?
3. Main products?
4. Major clients and how well those clients’ needs are being met.
5. What’s the company’ vision & mission statement?
6. What problems are you experiencing? What keeps you awake at night (continue to probe about this issue until they are uncomfortable and realize they need something to be done)?
7. What’s the scope of the project?
8. What’s the timeframe for the work to be started and completed?
9. How soon will you be making a decision on a vendor?
10. How many bids are you getting?
11. What other alternatives (not competitors) are you considering?
12. What are the most important considerations in your decision – price, quality, convenience?
13. Do you utilize outplacement services already?
14. Who is your current provider?
15. How long have you had that provider?
16. Are there any items you wish to address that you would like to be included in an outplacement firm, that currently you are not being offered?
17. If you could change anything with how your current service being offered, what would it be?
18. What do you like best about your current provider?
19. What is the average amount per employee you are paying for outplacement services being rendered?
20. What are you current challenges, needs, problems and pains of your situation and why they are occurring?
21. What are the goals and objectives you want to achieve during this transition relating to your employees being impacted and the company itself?
22. What is the timing to implement a service like ours (specify the evaluation completion and decision dates you have been told)?
23. What is the evaluation and decision process and who will conduct the evaluation and the criterion that will be used besides you?
24. What is the current budget that has been set aside for a service like this or there is access to budget?
Also, I got a new follower on both Twitter and Facebook today. Did you? Make it happen!